Your Will is an important component of your estate plan. If you need help writing a last will and testament it is important to consult a lawyer for wills and trusts who will help you review the areas of your estate plan that your will covers.
Your Will allows you to:
- Name the person who will serve as the Personal Representative (formerly called ‘Executor’ in Massachusetts) of your estate
- Designate guardians for your minor children
- Direct how your tangible personal property will be distributed
- Instruct your Personal Representative to sell real estate, if you wish
- Direct your Personal Representative with respect to distribution of your assets
- Include important provisions regarding payment of taxes and expenses
To learn more about why it is important to have an up-to-date Will in place read Attorney Maria C. Baler’s article, Five Reasons to Write a Will…Today!
To schedule an appointment with an attorney to create a Will or to review your existing Will, contact Samuel, Sayward & Baler LLC by phone at 781/461-1020 or by email using our Contact form.